Gee I'd better enjoy this while it lasts, once he's at the PERU MTC or in Ecuador I don't think I'll get this many letters in one week!!! Weren't we surprised to open the mailbox today and see a letter from Jesse. This one had the most information yet! Bill sent a letter last Sunday through Dear Elder, but I'm not sure he got it before he emailed us on Wednesday. I think the mail in the MTC through Christmas was a little wonky!!! But Bill asked a bunch of questions and this was our sweet Elders replies!!! I can't believe how exciting it can be to get a letter from him! He sounds great too.
Dear Dad,
I will answer your questions right down the line of how you asked. I understand what you mean by bittersweet. It is hard to say goodbye to your family for the next two years of your life, but looking in at what you transition to there is nothing but excitement I also loved the scripture in D&C about the gifts we can receive with faith. It just brings back the phrase that we keep hearing from others when we talk about our language skills, "we can do all things with reliance on the Lord".
My companion is Elder Jeske, he is from Cour-de-lane, Idaho. His birthday is Nov. 10th, 1993 and he is also going to the Ecuador Guayaquil south Mission. We think the church has some sort of system for sending missionaries somewhere besides prayer, JK :). Our district is comprised of twelve Elders, myself included, one of them is even from Ammon. He went to Hillcrest and graduated in 2011, but no they are not all going to Ecuador, Three stateside (Salt Lake North, Oregon Portland, and Santa Cruz California) and three go to Mexico, these Elders will stay in the Provo for all the nine weeks. The other six are split, three go to Santa Cruz Bolivia and three to Guayaquil South Ecuador. Us six should go to the Peru MTC after three weeks.
So I do not need a coat. None of my teachers served in Ecuador, it seems like they all served Argentina P-day is Wednesday and I am not dumb, of course I can do Laundry.
Classes are going well and Spanish is a pain, but it is coming. Yes, I have completely passed my level of Italian, but Italian pronunciation is different and the words of Italian are close but different to that of Spanish. So Italian is mostly just messing with me. Found this out pretty quick as well, but apparently the favorite way to teach Spanish and the gospel is to roll 'em into one and throw you in a room with an "investigator" who only speaks Spanish and then just see how it goes. Thing is, it works, we just had our third lesson with him today and we got him pumped to read the Book of Mormon by our ninth time committing him in a 30 second period. It makes me excited for Peru.
I cannot believe they sent out the licence that late.I also can't believe you sent your missionary a reference from a funny, inappropriate movie :). I guess if your going to do that you could at least keep me up-to-date on the Cowboys and Aggies. I wish I could be at home and watch the games with you, but I am needed here and I love it to. I am excited of the future ahead and can't wait for the real fun to start. Although it is pretty fun here, somehow we got the crazy floor where the boredom equals mattresses in the hall for a Christmas Day campout, rugby, wrestling, soccer, slingshots of candy at others backs, Nerf guns and BYU police being called for disturbance (no I was not involved).[arrows were drawn on the letter to the words campout??] I love and miss you all so much. I know I won't be saying this by the end, but I can't wait to see you again and start working on my golf game.
Love,
Elder Jesse McCammon
Bill told me I had to leave the typos...
No comments:
Post a Comment