I am such a procrastinator!!! Here we had 5 months to get everything Jess needed for his mission and I spend the last 5 days scrambling to get the rest! Some of the things just seem odd to have to send...4 flat sheets...really? Why? Take the sheets off, wash them and put them back on, its a twin bed for heaven sake, why the added baggage pounds! I feel the same way about hangars, it just seems like crazy added bulk and weight...can he really not buy hangars in Ecuador? He was also told to take a coat with a zip out liner. Everything we read about Ecuador said the temperature there is between 65 and 85 all year round...that doesn't sound like COAT weather! A friend from High School went there and said he never wore more than a sweater so we sent him that. The internet can be useful I am sure, but sometimes it just causes more confusion than its worth!!! Also, for anyone who wants to know they have to take a miniature pharmacy in their luggage! I bet I spent more than $100 to get his first aid kit ready to go! Also, I know not every kid will go foreign and maybe you'd rather wait, but a great 18th or Graduation present would be a passport. Its good for 10 years that's a gift in and of itself, that way even a honeymoon to Mexico would be covered! And you won't have to pay the extra rush fee, close to $100, when or if that time comes! Just a thought!!!
Jesse loves going to the temple and he and his friend decided to do a quick temple trip the week before Jess left. They drove down to Utah and went to the Logan, Brigham, Salt Lake and Bountiful temples. On another day they did the Rexburg temple too. He worked so much the two months before that he didn't get to see as many temples as he wanted, but he enjoyed going when he could. Another thing that was fun was that he would go with the Priests and went with his sister a couple of times, and his cousins Rachel and Darcie too, to do Baptisms for the Dead and since he was an endowed member he was able to do the baptisms and confirmations, what a fun memory!
No comments:
Post a Comment