I love that a couple of my friends are keeping blogs to post pictures and their missionary's weekly letters. I think that it will be a memorable gift to give at the end of his mission.
And so it begins!!!
This is the day Jesse got his mission call. We had been thinking it was going to come Wednesday or Thursday we had been watching the mail and no such luck, but on Friday the 27th of July, Cierra and I just got out of the truck from the store and saw the mail man. We stayed in the garage and just watched, but he saw us standing there and held up the envelope and said "is this what you're wait for?!?" I screamed yes and jumped, Cierra ran and got the mail from him, but we ended up putting it back because we wanted Jesse to be able to get it out himself. So I called him up, he was with Abbie in the car, and he was so excited. He called Bill, who was at lunch and went and picked him up. I got all the family called and told them 1:30 tried to set up skype but could never get it to work for Grandpa McCammon.
Grandma and Grandpa Christensen and Diane used facetime on her iPad with us, and Wendy was on Skype with her family and Grandpa and Grandma McCammon heard it over the phone! We invited La Tisha and her family and Kelby Murdock came over with his kids to watch Jesse. It was so exciting!!!! I was too busy with the facetime and pictures that I didn't think to get a video! Oh well!!
Jesse William McCammon has been called to serve in the Ecuador Guayaquil South Mission....Ecuador?Where's a map???? We were thinking that was Central America, but it is right between Peru and Columbia right on the Equator!!! How exciting...he leaves Dec. 19th...5 months away.
What an exciting beginning to quite an emotional process!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment