Thursday, December 20, 2012

September 2, 2012 Temple Day

Temple Day...Since I am doing this the day after Jesse actually entered the MTC I can only give you my perspective of the day.  We went through the 9 am session on Saturday Sept 29, Bill and Jesse were there at 7:30 they had to be there for an orientation type meeting with the Temple president and to get ready.  I showed up at 8:30 with Jason and Heather.  The workers at the temple seemed a bit panicked that I wasn't there any earlier, but I couldn't have been with him anyway so I wasn't sure why.   I have always enjoyed watching my kids' firsts; first smile, first teeth, first steps, riding a bike alone for the first time, being baptized, getting the priesthood, driving, dating...the list goes on and they all seem like it happened only yesterday. And the only thing I keep thinking is, Am I that old?  I am not sure how old.."That Old" is, but it doesn't seem like I should be there yet!!!  I kept thinking this is it, I am going to cry, I teared up for a minute but mostly I enjoyed this day of another first.  How could I not?  I am so very proud of him and that he is worthy to go to the temple.  He has always had the desire to be good,  choosing the "wrong" has never even been an option in his mind...well except for the endless bothering of his sisters!!!  But I am missing him today so I can forgive that quality pretty easily!!!!


 Exiting the Temple
 With Dad
 With Grandpa and Grandma Christensen
 With Grandpa and Grandma McCammon
 With Jason and Heather McCammon (Bill's Brother)
 My Sister Wendy Weeks and my brother and his wife Chuck and Diane Christensen
 Jess with Grandpa C
 The Group
Dad, Jesse and Mom

Others that came to the Temple that day were Craig and Carolyn Stone, Mitch Freed, Jeremy Krupp, La Tisha and James Wammack, and Jeremy and Heather Armbrister.
After the temple those who wanted to stick around came with us to the Chuck-a-Rama to eat some lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment