Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day and First Letter from the MTC


So for, 1 week we have been checking the email and mailbox wondering if we were going to hear from him!  Another suggestion...maybe send your new missionary with a self addressed stamped envelope with a note card inside just for a quick doing good letter they could drop in the mail quickly on the second day!!!  Thank goodness for Christmas!!!  Sounds like he's doing okay!  I am excited for details...I hope tomorrow's letter contains them!!! 

Here is his first letter:



Note, today is not P-day, I will still e-mail you tomorrow. Today is just a Christmas update.
 
This year is the first Christmas I have spent away from you and it is easier I imagine than it will be next year, considering it has only been a week since I have seen you all. We already knew I would not be able to call today, but they still gave us the opportunity to e-mail our families. I got the package you delivered and I followed the instructions on the card to not open the packages until Christmas. I Loved the cards on each one, they were very clever.  One of the thoughts I had was, 'why send me all this candy, do they not remember I just got prescription toothpaste because of cavities'. I was actually kind of hoping my drivers licence was in one of the presents. The laundry bag was also a great idea, I have been putting all of my dirty clothes in one of my empty suitcases. So I am glad I do not have to take that to the laundry room with me. Let grandma and grandpa McCammon know that I got their package as well and I love them all. We also had Elder Nelson speak to us this morning on keys to being better missionaries. It was the coolest thing ever being able to be right there and see one of the twelve apostles speak to you, even if it was not President Monson. Although, we did hear a couple of cool stories from the first counselor of our branch presidency about his Uncle Tom Monson. It is always fun hearing him tell stories because he talks the exact same way President Monson Talks. Today we also get to attend a fireside where Greg Olsen is going to present some of his paintings and talk to us about them. I love you all very much and miss you. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas. I thank you for all the love and support you give me and especially all the treats. I look forward to the day that I get to see you all when I get back.
 
 
                                                                                                               Love,
                                                                                                               Elder Jesse William McCammon

No comments:

Post a Comment