My heart is breaking today...I thought I was doing the right thing by sending his letters through Dear Elder...so he could get mail during the week and not have to spend time reading our emails and could just get on the computer and reply. Not sure whats up with Dear Elder, but I have sent him 2 letters through them plus a snail mail, since he wrote us last and his letter seems to indicate that he hasn't received them! So sad, I hope he doesn't feel like he's already forgotten!!! Not a lot of info today...We got his travel plans and he flies out to Peru next Tuesday and he'll call us from the Airport in Atlanta during his layover. Can't wait to hear is voice!!!
Anyway here is this weeks letter!!!
Another week gone by and it went fast. Nothing really big happened this past
week. That's the hard part about the MTC, every week is pretty much the same.
The only thing that really changes is the food...and that doesn't really change.
New Years was fun, it turns out the majority of the MTC got food poisoning so
there were no lines anywhere and everything appears empty. During the fireside
they had last night they just decided to broadcast it to all the classrooms that
way not everyone was in one giant room to get everyone sick. They apparently
could not figure out how to broadcast it, only the senior missionaries
got to watch it live, no one heard more than the last ten minutes. We also got
to hear from a BYU professor on Sunday about the early life of Joseph Smith and
I found it to be a very informative talk. We also watched the talk Elder Bednar
gave at a Christmas a few years ago called Characters of Christ, which was
really good. I also discovered that you cannot find transcripts of the talks
that take place at the MTC, but thank you for looking. I hope you got the travel
information I sent to you. I made sure I got my visas, so I am good to go. I
found out the five dollar phone cards we get here hold 500 minutes, I was
planning on getting two that way I could guarantee I have enough minutes and I
know I won't happen to miss the one you send to me and get it in Peru after I
have left. I guess you have not had a chance to email me back. It is a lot
easier to think of things to write when I have questions to answer. Chances are
during the layover in Atlanta is when I will call you just because I am there
for so long and I do not know how much time I will have in the SLC Airport. I
look forward to hearing all your voices. By the way I did get my licence and
Immunizations card so thank you for that. I hope I hear from you before I leave
even if it is via snail mail.
Love you all so much
Elder Jesse
McCammon
No comments:
Post a Comment