We received a letter in the mail Thursday that was sent by Jesse on Feb 10th...2 days before he left the MTC in Peru...he was probably hoping we would have got it before he was able to write again. But when ever we get mail from him is okay by me!!! I think he sounds great!!!!
Mom,
Thank you for you letters and updates I really miss you and being able to talk and text updates and the convenience of the 'real' world. Everyone says the mission goes by fast and it will be over before you know it, but I don't think I want it to go by fast. Which is difficult because there are already times where I want to call home and talk with you, dad and the girls. Even though I am making new friends and growing my family, I still miss home. In Alma 56:47-56 it speaks of the stripling warriors and their faith in God and their strength that they had because of that faith. They gained their faith from their mothers. You have had such a wonderful impact on my life and your testimony and love of the gospel have strengthened my testimony and my love of the gospel. I know in 22 months I will be disappointed I have to go, but joyous because it is back to my family.
Love Your Boy,
Jesse
Dad,
I have been thinking about how you are not able to golf for the next little while and how that puts you in the same boat as me. As I thought more about it I found you re in the worse of the two situations. In mine at least I get my tan, you just have to work more! :p I miss being able to hang out with my dad. I miss fight night, football and even though it is not golf season there, it is here and I miss it! There are days when I am out here and just wish I could have you with me or at least just talk to you. I cannot wait until I have the next opportunity to call, hear voices and actually have a conversation with my family. One of the new elders here has a quote by a photo of his family. It states, "missionaries give up two years of their lives to others can be with their families forever." I love that quote because even though I am out here away from all those fun things I miss out on with you, I am doing it so others don't have to miss out on those same things for eternity. I love you and the great example you have set in my life as a worthy priesthood holder, a great father, and a great friend.
Your best friend and son,
Jess
Here it gets a little shifty!!! He wrote the girls in Spanish ! I will type what he wrote and then what Google translator told me it said!!
Abbie,
Yo escribire toota carta para usted en Espanol. Yo amo usted mucho. Usted sera un bueno ejemplo para su hermana esta muy amigable. Como esta su escuela? Todo A's espero. Yo espero que este planeando en servir un mision. Yo no se mucho espanol, pero yo amo y miss usted mucho. Yo estoy muy triste porque yo no puedo ver usted, pero usted es en me corazon y pensamientos y oraciones. Yo amo usted mucho.
Su Grande Hermano
Jesse
I will write to you (toota?) letter in Spanish. I love you , very much. You will be a good example for your sister is a very friendly. How is your school? All A's I hope. I hope you're planning on serving a mission. I do not know much Spanish, but I love and miss you very much. I am very sad because I cannot see you, but you are in my heart and thoughts and prayers. I love you very much.
Your big brother
Jesse
CeCe,
Yo escribire para usted en espanol tambien. Come es escuela? Usted esta aprendiendo mucho? Yo espero que usted sepa que yo ame usted mucho. Yo quiero ver usted mucho, pero you puedo solo escribir a usted. Necisita escribir tambien. Si? Yo amo usted.
Su Grande Hermano
Jesse
I write to you in Spanish also. How is school? You are learning a lot? I hope you know that I love you very much. I want to see you very much, but I can only write to you. I would like you to write me too. Yes? I love you.
Your Big Brother
Jesse

No comments:
Post a Comment