Monday, February 18, 2013

First letter from Ecuador!!!

First letter after two weeks of not hearing, it does a mothers heart good!!!

Hey,

I made it to Ecuador safely and I am doing well. I am sorry that I was not able to write before I left Peru, I really thought that i would be able to. so I apologize for the false sense of hope. I love it here. When we first landed I expected very similar weather to Peru but it is so much hotter and so much more humid. My new companion and i are getting along great. he went to Utah State and BYU for a while before coming on his mission. he is originally from mexico and has been in the field for 7 months. When I first arrived in Ecuador customs and security took all of ten minutes and i thought it was funny just because of how long it took in Peru  it was a lot shorter than expected. I am also apparently in the best mission on the earth. EGSM is apparently one of the highest baptizing missions in south america. within my first two days here we already had a new baptism commitment for each day from completely new people. The members and investigators both really love the missionaries and think it is funny that i cannot speak good Spanish  but i give it a shot. Tell Abbie to do well in her play and volleyball and tell Cierra i am glad she loves gymnastics and to keep up the good work. I will send pics of Ecuador, the apartment, and companion. I had some emails to catch up on this time so i don´t have too much time left. Tell Rigdon and Jadie hi for me and i am grateful for their letters. As for Easter all i can think of is some more of that prescription toothpaste from Bro. Bell. I love you and miss you all. 
Love Jesse.

PS fun story for the week. I was trackting in those old shoes that i brought just to wear them out and when we were talking with a member he asked to see them for a second, so i took them off and gave them to him and he left me shoe-less for 20 minutes. when he came back he had fixed them. I thought that was pretty cool. sorry i cant email more this week i love you all.



He did not caption any of these so I am assuming this is the view out the front door of his apartment.
[Balcony]
 His new companion...UPDATE:  Elder Martinez (Jesse wrote to Grandma his name, because apparently he has family in Tremonton!)
 His Apartment



 Not sure?!?!
[Hymnbook case]

No comments:

Post a Comment