Monday, September 9, 2013

Come Mr Tally Man Tally Me Banana's

I am going to answer your questions first this week.  (Are you sharing an apartment or did you have to find a new one since its a new sector?) We did get set up with missionaries in a different apartment, the apartment is not that big either so it is a little cramped but not bad because we usually do not spend too much time in the apartment. (No hot water, that's just so weird why is that?) They do have hot water, kind of...the shower head is electric and it has two cords sticking out of it so to actually get the hot water you have to buy the cords,but I tried that in Guayaquil earlier missionaries broke the cords to the shower head so I haven't bothered trying it yet here.(Did you go through the temple in Spanish or English?) I did go through in Spanish and I got the gist of the temple session, but only because I have seen it in English. (They have a new temple video here, do they have it there yet?)  Still do not have the new video. (You have bought so much stuff did you have to buy another piece of luggage?) I did not have to buy new luggage, but I did end up using the blue laundry bag for a lot of stuff so I did have enough room. (How does your new area compare to Guayaquil and Cuenca) Machala is pretty much the exact same area as I was in in Guayaquil, just a little bit bigger, but the members are nice and there are more here than in Cuenca and they are very nice. (how's the food?) I am back on the Guayaquil diet though. I do miss the houses where I ate with Americans and I got food that was not covered in mayonnaise  (oh how he HATES mayonnaise poor kid!!!) 

This week I have been studying a lot about how to use time wisely. Now that I have a companion that is new we are going over the basics a lot so that has been where we have been focusing. Before I felt like we were working hard and doing what we could to improve, but the numbers were just not there. This week we have improved greatly on that. We may not have found a lot of people this week, but we have had the number of lessons that does show that we are working and putting in an effort. (that must be the most frustrating thing about missionary work, proving that your working when the numbers don't show it because people don't want to listen.)

This week has still been a lot of contacting. The difference is here people are listening. we have put a few baptismal dates up and been let in the door of a couple of houses in our sector where the sister missionaries here have been shut out. We have not had a great showing to sacrament meeting as of yet, but what I have seen is that the Lord is preparing the hearts of a lot of people here. I may not have seen it in many contacts, but I have seen it in a few and it looks like us as new missionaries that were added to the ward may have been just what the Lord needed here in this ward. 

I love you all out there reading and I hope you stay tuned for next weeks episode of Jesse's mission to Ecuador!

Love
Elder Jesse William McCammon

 He said these two pictures were taken at Christopher Columbus Park

That's a bunch of banana's!!!!

1 comment: