Well my favorite part about this past week is I finally got to
visit the Ecuador Guayaquil Temple. On Monday night I got a call along with a
lot of other missionaries that was told to pack my bags, bring a study journal
PMG and scriptures to the bus station at one o'clock in the morning. President
now wants before a missionary starts training a new missionary to start going
to the temple. So now every time that someone gets to train they get to go to
the temple. Me and my companion, get the opportunity of not living in Cuenca. Me and my new companion, Elder Quintero, get to open a new Sector in Machala. So I am in Machala now. The part that sucks is that two new missionaries get the 2 baptisms I was preparing for on Saturday! The first few days
were really fun because we did not know anybody and we did not know our limits
so it was contact and hope you do not put baptismal dates in anyone else's
sector. That was really fun. we have been contacting like crazy here and i have
learned that the biggest difference between here and Cuenca is that when
contacting people are a lot more open to listening. so i have appreciated that a
little bit, because majority of the time all you need is for people to open
there ears. what i do not like about Machala is it is hot, all the time, I no
longer have hot water, it is freezing, and my sector is small again, there are
not museums or cool stuff in our sector like there was in Cuenca. The funny part
is I came to the same zone in Machala that Elder Christensen was in, but I found
that once I got here that Elder Christensen went back to Cuenca. So I am also
getting to know a lot of new missionaries here, but this week here we have been
looking for new investigators, but have not had the best week. hopefully now that
we know the ward we will have a better week.
This poor kid looks like his suit is on a hangar!!! I think he needs to look into having it tailored!!!
Beautiful!!



Jessie will love Machala! Ben did! Sounds like they did a big switch up this week! How exciting he got to go to the temple!
ReplyDeleteHe loved Cuenca because of the weather and the area seemed like home, but the receptiveness to the gospel just wasn't there, I think he's felt the change already!!!
Delete