How are you feeling? Still good? I am feeling the same nothing has really changed with that.
Are you feeling more comfortable with the language? i am feeling more comfortable with the language, yes. Do i know the language...no.
Have you met with the mission president yet?What did he say?(this was out of curiosity because 2 weeks ago they wanted to send him home!) I have talked to him when he did a training and that was just to see if anything has changed. End of that.
Did you teach any new people/families this week? New, old investigator. I have not had a chance to really meet with her, but she ended up moving somewhere else the day of her baptism and just recently moved back into the word. still not baptized. so she is preparing for the 4th of may.
What are some of the way's you've changed or grown? I have lost weight, but i really do not feel like i have changed or grown. I probably have, but i do not feel it. I feel like me.
Have you read anything that particularly touched or moved you? I have really loved reading in the Book of Mormon section of PMG. It really expounds on the need for the book of mormon in our religion as well as in day to day life.
Did you have any special experiences? I have had the experiance of watching three baptisms, testimonies tested and grown from our investigators. I have had the sad experiance of being in a ward where the members love talking to the missionaries, but most could really care less about helping the missionaries. (sad to say but I think this is a problem every where!)
Any new or weird foods? there is always a lot of soup, rice, and banana. If there is something on your plate and you have no clue what it is, it is banana.
Now his letter:
This week was a lot of contacting. We have officially ran out of investigators. Antonio and Saudy are being baptized on the weekend of the 27th. (this is the parents of the boy they baptized last week.) They were officially married on Friday They did not pass their baptismal interviews. So they have an interview with president this Wednesday and they will be good to go for the 27th.
The great news is Wendy and Andres Soto Heredero were baptized this weekend and are new members of the church. (see pictures below) This Sunday we also found out that an old investigator of the church who had moved the day of her baptism moved back into the ward. So she just needs to have the lessons retaught and attend church one more time now, and she is good for the 4th of May. Other that that there has been a lot of contacting and asking Members of the church for references. So we have four references we need to check up on and hopefully they all lead to baptism.
I am reading the Book of Mormon, Preach my Gospel, the Bible, and a whole
lot of other church books we have in the house. Not only am I reading I am
studying. Not only studying, but studying in Spanish! My knowledge of the church
has expanded and I know a lot and I am always looking for more answers. I am
reading the appendix of the bible of the Jehovah's Witnesses. Which is questions
and answers that are pretty much just bashing on Catholics and verifying their church. What me and my companion have been doing is finding the false doctrine
and finding answers to that in case we have questions about it in the future. Like their argument that only 144,000 people will be saved and they have already
been chosen, great reason to join their church right? So yes I have grown
spiritually. I have changed spiritually, but it has happened to the extent that
you do not really notice or feel different. I still feel like the same
person and I am still a 19 year old boy.
By the way tonight is night of transfers and I might get changed. Let you know next week I guess.
I love you so much mom. I am counting every week that i have left on my blog, but only for fun. I love hearing from you.
Love your favorite
missionary,
Elder Jesse W. McCammonYou'd think they were being punished!!! Such serious faces!!!
This is just a video Jesse sent showing the rain!
No comments:
Post a Comment