Monday, March 17, 2014

Adversity

So this week could have gone a lot better.

On Tuesday we had all of our baptism interviews and almost everyone passed their interview, but Julio was having a few difficulties and we decided to wait another week, but it was great to see his testimony and that he has had a true conversion. Then we got everything ready for our three other baptisms on Saturday and we go to pick up Stiveen Arevalo and we took him to the church, then we went to go pick up Avelina and Nicole for the baptism, but they ended up telling us that there was an accident in the family and that wee nided to come back in about half an hour, did that and they were still saying to wait. I ended up dropping more than 10 dollars in taxi going back and forth from their house to the church. in the end we found out that they just felt like they were not ready to get baptized and we explained that they did not need to lie to us. So that was a great day. The good news is for this week  Julio Espinoza will have his baptism and if we can get permission form the mom of Jesus Anzules he will also have the opportunity to get baptized this week. Wish us luck and hopefully two more members will be added to the church this week. (that's just too bad Satan doesn't want people to find the truth and is working so hard against them, they had 9 baptisms planned a few weeks ago and people keep backing out...please pray for these people.)

In my studies this week I have almost finished Mormon. It is sad to see that all the people have turned their hearts from the Lord, even in their trials and hardships where before they turned to the lord now they curse him. it is sad to see how hard the hearts of some people can be and it just made me think of how happy I am to be able to teach and know such great people. I love everyone and hope they have a great St. Pattys day and an even better week.

Funny story of the week, as a zone we have 30 baptisms so we decided to get t-shirts made.  I learned that even though you have zls that you know and always do splits with you, might not know how to spell your name and you should write it down for them, because now I have a t-shirt that I will never forget that say's E' Mc.cannon.  (He left his camera locked up at the church so he doesn't have pictures, but that's funny!)
(I asked if he was happy and doing well, mothers worry about this you know!) Of course I am happy have you ever really seen me sad? 

Love
Elder McCammon

No comments:

Post a Comment