Remember my leather shoes I brought down. I walked on a gravel road when it was wet with them because it had rained the night before. Well I went to grab them the other day (about a week later) and the bottoms were just moldy out of their minds it was gross so I ended up getting them resoled, but it was crazy. I am always wet too, whether sweat or rain, but it was funny yesterday we walked so much that not only did i get a blister but i popped it to, thank you melagel. Also do you know the food that everybody has in their life that just makes them want to vomit. We went to a members house and they had spaghetti, not just any spaghetti but spaghetti with a green sauce on it. I assumed it was similar to a spinach cream soup they have down here and it was just a cream spaghetti. nope. That was the nastiest thing ever. I have never gagged on one bite of food like that ever. It probably would not have been that bad if I had not have assumed it would taste like something good, but I was glad people were focused on the tv and I could get some coke in my mouth before somebody saw. bleh. it was so bad. I never want to eat green spagetti again. (say it like the girl who does not like green beans) note: for anyone who doesn't know what he's talking about, its a hilarious video on youtube, check it out if you get a second.
I asked about transfers, new missionaries, and the mission split. Transfers are usually every six weeks, I came in a week early, but there was a mid transfer last Monday when I was on rest and we were fine so I am assuming every 3 weeks. We are going to have missionaries so fast that after I am here for 13 weeks everyone that is a transfer ahead of me will be a senior companion and every Latino in my transfer will be one, the next one or two after we are supposed to all be close to that state if not in it, but no there has not been talk about the new mission. I assume that they will just redraw boundaries and if you are in the boundaries you are in the mission. I hope I still have the chance at Galapagos though.
I never did send any recipes with him because we weren't sure what the situation for cooking was, well last week he asked for a few, I guess after being on rest for a week and not having people feed you every day its hard to think of things to cook! He said: "Some of these recipes are hard because we have no oven so we would have to go to a members house. So for next week a cake from scratch recipe would be nice." He tells me he has no oven, but wants a cake recipe!! That strikes me as being funny!!! Hardly cook at home just breakfast and when we could not leave, there is no microwave here just a gas stove, but I have to go. I love you so much and miss you all, 13 weeks down about 90 more to go and I look forward to every one.
Elder McCammon
He hadn't had a haircut since he left here...I can't believe they didn't do it before he left Peru!!!
What a mop!!!
Geez he looks older and 10 pounds lighter with no hair!!!
Jesse and Elder Martinez in their Aggie Gear!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment